"A very pleasant good evening to you, wherever you may be."
1. Change "Pleasant" to the last name of the MLB player who shares his first name with Dodger farmhand Paul, and move after the name of a month.
2. Delete every vowel, including Y
3. Replace every R with LL
4. Change every V to U, every H to A, and every W to O
5. Replace the last name of a Washington National with the position he plays.
6. Replace an ordinal number with "only"
7. Switch the first letter that appears before a double letter with the letter that occurs before the next double letter.
8. Change G to IS.
9. Move the last letter to the front, then move the 16th letter to the end.
10. Move the 16th and 17th letters four positions to the right.
11. Move the 15th letter 9 positions to the right.
12. Move the antonym for "acid" to the beginning of the line.
13. Add a D before every U
14.Go to http://caveemptorem.blogspot.com/p/last name of the person quoted.html
The answer to the puzzle is a Dodger. Comment freely in the thread, but if you have the solution, please don't give it away to everyone in the comments section. Instead, do the following:
- email me with the first and last name of the Dodger who is the answer, along with your reasoning (answers arrived at via luck or the wrong reasoning, even if correct, count for participation credit only). Please include your screen name somewhere in the email.
- Post a comment simply saying you have emailed your solution attempt. I may not be able to reply to your original email promptly, so please be patient and check back on the comment thread for the latest news; I may confirm correct answers there.
You have until 11pm PT tonight to submit your answer. Solution will be posted tomorrow. Good luck!