- A medical journal from the year Watson and Crick made their famous discovery. (date)
- A novel featuring the adventures of an Assyrian-American WWII bombardier. (title)
- A 8x10 glossy of the Pope, signed "To Mr. C - Keep up the good work!" (ordinal)
- A set of architectural plans for the top floor of the Empire State Building. (ordinal)
- A copy of the official MLB rule book from the first year the DH was used. (date)
- Edmond Halley's Synopsis Astronomia Cometicae. (time)
- A psychological treatise on the origins and causes of triskaidekaphobia. (numeral)
- A Torah. (count)
- The transcript of the Quayle/Gore/Stockdale Vice-Presidential debate. (date)
- A guitar tab from the Beatles' "White Album". (title)
- The infamous inaugural address of the first president to die in office. (ordinal)
- The book Lost Moon by Kluger and Lovell. (title)
- Eliot Asinof's baseball scandal retrospective. (title)
- email me with the first and last name of the Dodger who is the answer, along with your reasoning (answers arrived at via luck or the wrong reasoning, even if correct, count for participation credit only). Please include your screen name somewhere in the email.
- Post a comment simply saying you have emailed your solution attempt. I may not be able to reply to your original email promptly, so please be patient and check back on the comment thread for the latest news; I may confirm correct answers there.
You have until 11pm PT tonight to submit your answer. Solution will be posted tomorrow. Good luck!
Hint 1: Clues to the first step in the solution are highlighted in blue. Once you have "run the numbers on the table" you'll need to convert them somehow into a coherent message.
Hint 2: Added a clarification after each the clues for step 1.
Hint 3: Highlighted additional clues in the description that might be helpful for step 2. The title is also a hint regarding step 2.